When upgrading from Windows 8 or Windows 7 to Windows 10, it is very common to find that your Favorites toolbars or bookmarks are gone. Many people go to a lot of trouble in order to set up their Favorites and their bookmarks, and losing them all during an upgrade can be a frustrating experience for anyone as your Favorites and bookmarks are part of the overall set of background features that tend to make a given device feel personal. Many of us spend a lot of time on our mobile devices, desktops, or laptops and we like to not only have that customized personal feel but the quickest access to the sites we use the most.
It is simple to find that missing Windows10 Favorites Toolbar, which has definitely not been lost for good. The information is still there. Here is the right way to recover it:
1. Activate Edge, the blue task bar icon that resembles an 'E.'
2. Wait until Edge is definitely running.
3. Activate the Hub icon, which is located in the upper right-hand corner of the window. The Hub icon resembles three parallel horizontal lines where the middle line is the longest.
4. After activating the Hub icon, click on the Import Favorites link. This link should be located towards the middle of the page on the right side of the page.
5. Choose Internet Explorer.
6. Click on the large, gray Import button.
7. That should be all that is needed to do for the sake of recovering your Favorites toolbar. The Favorites should be restored at this point.
This is a straightforward process that in most cases should not cause you further problems. If you do run into complications, consider restarting your systems. Another solution is to call Windows tech support. However, the process outlined above is going to work just fine for most of us.It is hopeful with the newer versions of Windows that this process is going to occur automatically. It has been a frequent enough problem that clearly needs to be resolved internally. The process is not spontaneous this time around, but there is optimism that this will become the way of the future for Windows upgrades. At least for now it is simple enough!
My-favorites-list.com My favorites list is missing
favorites-toolbar.com They're your favorites, bring them back!
favorites-menu.com My Favorites menu is not working
myfavoritestoolbar.net My Favorites Toolbar Disappeared
Tips to help get your favorites bookmarks back ...
Lost Favorites bar after Windows 10 Upgrade